Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

My Halloween OBW is progressing


I'm glad I have a large floor area in our living room, where I can lay out blocks and they aren't in the way of walking, etc.  (We mostly live in our family room.) But with this OBW project I probably need even more space due to the paper plates the hexies are on. I have to say it makes it really easy to move these hexies around and change their locations.  I've had this laid on the floor for several days now where I can pass by, observe the way it looks, and move a hexie or two to a better location.  You can even see on the left where I have half-hexies remaining on plates. The other halves are pinned together into the vertical row next to the panel.  


I have one vertical row pinned together and am ready to sew it together later today after work - and a pedicure.  Once I do that and determine that it is the correct length that I want, then I can get more serious about lining up the rest of the hexies exactly where they will end up.  I don't want to have straight edges lining up with the panel making a sharp division between hexies and panel. A few hexies will extend over onto the panel, but I'm not sure yet exactly where or how many.  So this will be a slow process with other projects happening in between.  Enjoying the process, right?

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I often "live" with a layout on my floor for a few days, too. I think that's the best way to find an eye-pleasing layout.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Interesting process! Congratulations you are the snowstick winner, I will announce it on the blog tomorrow! Please email me your mailing address. captainconnie2001atyahoodotcom
I attempted to email you but my computer doesn't recognize something...most likely my old live mail program:)