Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Binding progress

The binding on Jelly Belly Bars is halfway done. Yay!!  Because I didn't want to buy any additional fabric to finish this I made a scrappy binding using 3 of the Tula Pink fabrics I had left from the quilt blocks.  There are pink, purple, and aqua sections to that binding and yes, I am switching thread color as I get to each section. 


The blocks were all made from Tula Pink fabrics so I couldn't resist putting a backing on this quilt that comes from Tula Pink.  This one is so sweet. The whole piece looks like an artist's sketchbook.  It has a very subtle grid with black "sketches" over it - words and phrases, animals, hearts, stars, and more.  It's almost too cute to hide on the back of a quilt.  


I'm hoping that my evening hand stitching sessions will have this done by the weekend.  


4 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

Well done. I used to hand-sew bindings and it would take me weeks on large quilts. I finally learned how to machine-sew both sides. Now I finish binding quilts as soon as they're quilted. =)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

What an adorable fabric for the backing!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What an interesting backing! With the quilting stitches it is very pretty!

Kate said...

That backing fabric is really cool. It would be hard to use on the front of a quilt unless you treated it like a panel. That could be really cute. It's going to be a very fun finish.