Pages

Monday, April 19, 2021

Design Wall Monday - April 19

 My design wall/floor today is holding all of the blocks for a Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt made from a block called Gingham.

I posted on Sunday about using the Dave Ramsey financial advice to "pay off the smallest debts first", and so I looked at my goals for the month.  This one was so close to being done, that it made sense to just dig in and finish putting that top together.

The photo above was taken before I rearranged a couple of blocks, but you get the idea of it.  I plan to get the top sewn together by the end of the week.  The gingham blocks are made entirely of 2.5" squares, then framed with 1.5" strips to make it a 12" finished block in the quilt.  

What is on your design wall today?  I'm linking up with:

https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Nann said...

Good idea: get the little tasks out of the way first. And the gingham blocks are a checkered delight! Framing them really enhances the colors.

Bonnie said...

Very cool quilt/block. I bet it takes a bit to get the exact right colors but well worth the effort.

AnnieO said...

Love the gingham blocks. Very cheerful and picnic ready.

Becky said...

I really like these. Thanks for sharing.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

So colorful and cheerful - I’ve always loved gingham.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love it! I finished crocheting a baby blanket and am getting ready for a Patchwork CAL starting in May....doing a test swatch and trying a new technique:)

Ramona said...

What a great quilt! I have liked your gingham blocks as you've been making them, but seeing them all together is awesome. Great top!

Kate said...

Such bright and fun blocks! It's going to be a gorgeous finish. RSC blocks make some of the most interesting and beautiful quilts.

Deb said...

Good morning, I have had your Gingham quilt on my desktop all week . I love the colors and the squares. It is inspiring! I really need to plan my RSC projects. Thank you for the push!

Stay safe and sew on !