Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Progress on lots of fronts

There are 20 of the blocks made now, and I've begun laying them out to see how many I'll need in each vertical row.  I think 5 down will work nicely.  And maybe 6 across will be OK.  I'll need to do a lot of rearranging these once I have enough made so the red and blue centers are scattered more evenly.  

On the technology front - my new computer is set up after a couple of weeks of procrastinating.  My plan had been to move files to flash drives while I still had the old computer set up, THEN unplug all the pieces to move.  But my husband has a couple of days off this week and decided to set up the new one . . . in the middle of my dining room table yesterday afternoon, so it forced me to just move the old one to make room for the new one on my office desk.  I still need to move files over from the old one, and hopefully I won't waste too much time doing that as the old computer is now sitting in pieces in my dining room.  And there were all kinds of extra cables laying around that now need to be disposed of. 


And another technology task is closer to being done - finally.  In April I gave my husband a set of outdoor cameras for his birthday so he could see what the deer, turkeys, and other wildlife are up to in our yard.  I thought he would enjoy them. However, the gift bag with the cameras and mountings sat on a chair at the kitchen table for over a month without him ever mentioning them, or moving them.  After 5 weeks I put the bag in his closet.  Yesterday he was grumbling because the deer keep pulling the bird feeders out of the tree he has them hanging in.  I said "too bad you don't have a way of SEEING how they are reaching them".  HaHaHa  He didn't respond, but today he is working on setting them up finally.  I'm staying out of the way.  

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Oooh, he may discover it’s not deer pulling down the feeders!

Moneik said...

The blocks look great! I hate having to move computers, but have found using an external hard drive $100 at Sams Club will store everything and I have a backup in case anything happens (especially with my patterns).