Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

A flimsy at last - Circa 16-21

This is one of those projects that I feared would never reach the finish line.  But I am pleased to say I stuck with it until the last borders were on.  Yay!!!  Now it's time to get it quilted.

I'm calling this one Circa 16-21, since the original name was Circa 2016 - but finished in 2021.  It's a Temecula Quilt Company pattern.  


That pieced HST border just inside the black border doesn't have quite as many HST as the pattern called for.  But the pattern did say this was a good time to add or subtract HSTs to make things fit.  I had made 122, and still have a few left over. But everything fit perfectly without having to do any easing or stretching.  So that is a major victory considering how many pieces are in this quilt - and that the blocks were made in 2 different years.  

The leftover HSTs might work nicely on a label for the back. 

5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Way to go Sara!! You made fast work of the HST border. Aren't you just super satisfied with yourself that it is now a flimsy.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Bravo, the quilt is gorgeous! So many tiny pieces.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow all those tiny blocks! I really like it!!

Sandra Walker said...

I love how you came up with the name! What a gorgeous quilt.

Kate said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!