Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2021

September in review

September has been a very busy month, will lots of blocks made, and I definitely added to the "flimsy" numbers hanging in my closet.  But I did actually quilt one of those flimsies myself as well.  The Rainbow Friendship baby quilt is completely done.

Finished tops for this month included a Quilt of Valor made from the Summer Soiree blocks, the UFO project Circa 2016 (tons of tiny blocks), and a baby quilt using the Fish School row from an old Row By Row kit.  I have to admit it's kind of fun to look in the closet and see these tops hanging there.  The Circa 2016 quilt is in the hands of a quilter, so I'm anxiously waiting to see what she does with it.

Halloween Party is "kind of" a flimsy - and it's because I can't decide if I'm going to leave it as is or add some borders to make it bigger. I have enough of the background print to add at least one border, but I can't decide.  If I add a light border, then I feel like it will need a final darker border and that might involve making another purchase. 


Plenty of progress on block sets for other projects was made - Farmer's Wife Sampler (over half), Checkered Stars (not quite half), second set of Summer Soiree (all made), Tulip Time (8 more Tulips), and more.  I even managed to make and send 4 blocks to a charity block drive.  

I'm always happy when I see mostly blue notes in my goal list. And it's OK to keep moving those red notes into the new month.  

  • Monthly sew-along projects
    • choose fabric for NEW Saturday Sampler - delayed one month
    • weekly Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks - kept up and we're over halfway!!
    • weekly Summer Soiree blocks - all blocks made
    • Pillow of the Month - NO
    • Simple Whatnots  - NO 
  • Squirrels & PIGS & other new things
    • Block drive - patriotic Jelly Belly Bar - parts cut for a few blocks
    • Halloween blocks (new project) - it is now a flimsy
    • who knows what Squirrels may cross my path this month??
    • Pick a PIG - Queen's Garden runner - not started
  • Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC21) in ORANGE 
    • House block - - DONE
    • Bunny block - already had a coral one, so no orange needed
    • Twinkle Star blocks - made 1 in orange
    • Tulip Time blocks - 4 new Tulip blocks were made
    • sandwich & quilt - Scrappy bright Friendship block baby quilt - DONE
  • UFO and WIP projects - make some progress
    • APQ UFO Challenge #1 (Temecula Circa 2016) - in hands of quilter
    • Sew all of the Wisdom blocks into rows - NO Progress
    • make more pillowcases
      • 2 pillowcases for Quilts of Valor - NO
      • 3 Halloween pillowcases for grandkids - DONE & delivered + 2 extras
    • more blocks for Checkered Stars - 4 more blocks made
    • navy blue Sew Together bag - NO Progress
    • Fish School quilt - flimsy stage
    • Quilt the little Lori Holt Bee Patriotic project - NO Progress
  • Cleaning and Organizing my sewing space
    • clean off my cutting space
    • organize the patriotic fabrics

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

like that halloween party...lighter than most that have too much black i think....very nice

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great progress - definitely more blue than red in your list of goals! Congratulations

Moneik said...

You've had a busy month. Great job!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You made progress...I am scared to make a list!

Kate said...

You had a very productive September! I can't pick a favorite finish for the month, they are all pretty cool.