Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Just a bit of orange

One small challenge for this week was to cut a Halloween panel apart and make "something" - which turned out to be a couple of mug rugs.  Obviously there is a LOT of the panel left to play with but it was a good start.  A little hand quilting will help these take shape.  You can see the needle in that bottom one, toward the left. 


I outlined the witch and the moon already, and will finish up on the left side.  Then I'll do a bit of the same on the top mug rug.  They are kind of cute!!

 I've been slowly quilting the rainbow baby quilt the past couple of days.  I have about a quarter of it left to go, and then I'll get the binding on.  Maybe tomorrow . . . because I'm headed to Jonah's flag football game shortly.


Linking up to Rainbow Scrap Challenge today!!
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute Halloween panel your RSC quilt looks great!

Sue said...

I do love that rainbow diamond quilt! Lovely!

Mari said...

Your RSC quilt is gorgeous. The colors really shine, and I love the color of the border. Fun witch, too!

Jenny said...

Your Rainbow baby quilt looks lovely, I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.

Kate said...

Those mug rugs are really fun. Your RSC baby quilt came together beautifully. Hopefully you'll have time to get the binding on today.

scraphappy said...

What a fun way to put a printed panel to good use. They can be tricky to integrate into quilts.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your rainbow quilt is ever so pretty!

Susie H said...

Great way to welcome Halloween with the cute mug rugs. Of course that rainbow baby quilt is super bright & beautiful. What a fantastic color of fabric you used for the outside border!