Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2022

A whole rainbow this week - plus a review of blue

This month I've spent a lot of time distracted by new projects instead of trying to finish existing ones, but I've really enjoyed the journey. So it's all good, right?


I did pick up 2 quilts from the quilter this week and both were UFOs.  This one is Wisdom - a variation of a Churn Dash with a 4-patch in the center.  These scrappy blocks were made during RSC20 and RSC21.  The background of each block is a neutral. Some white, some tan, some neutral prints - whatever I had.  So it's a really scrappy quilt.  This flimsy has been hanging in the sewing room closet waiting patiently.  Now it's time to bind it.  And I have a pink stripe to use for binding.  Hope to get that attached and trimmed over the weekend.


There has been a lot of blue happening this month however.  As I looked through my blocks hanging in the closet it was pretty clear that I had a lot of fun with blue.  But I may need to make one more blue elephant block.  


Blue showed up in some new projects too, including the 2 Kaleidoscope table toppers. The bright blue really popped in these.  And that border was a bonus because it was leftover from the backing on a previous project.  Perfect colors!!


And then there were the Home Sweet Home blocks for a Quilt of Valor . . . I have 9 of the 12 made so far, and the last 3 have complete roofs at least. It shouldn't take long to assemble the house sections since the pieces are cut and organized on a design board.  


That reminds me I want to make a few more of the Beads blocks for our QOV group block drive.  My granddaughter Sophia helped me pick out some patriotic fat quarters to use for more blocks.  

So even though July will see a new color for RSC I'm sure I'll still be playing with blue as well since I have some QOV projects on-going.

What's new at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge?

9 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your blocks are so pretty but then anything in blue is! Happy stitching!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What a great selection of blue blocks! And your house block--wow! Of course the darling blue elephant is the star of the show.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Two quilts almost finished is a wonderful accomplishment! I agree, everything else is just part of the journey, and all good. Lots of pretty blue blocks for you this month!

Deb A said...

You have had a very productive month! Love the scrappy churn dashes and the Kaleidoscope is very pretty.

Cathy said...

What a wonderful assortment of blocks!

Ivani said...

You are completly right enjoy the journey is the most important, love your blocks, the table topper and Wisdom quilt. You did great Sara!

Jan said...

The kaleidoscope topper is stunning! so long as you are enjoying yourself, thats all that matters

Chantal said...

You did a great job with the blue this month. Love your different projects. Enjoy! ;^)

Susie H said...

Wisdom is really pretty. I remember seeing the individual blocks earlier but I had a hard time seeing the blocks in the quilt. I love the challenge! Super cute elephant block. I vote for another one (or two!). Lots of good stuff happening in your sewing space!