Pages

Monday, June 6, 2022

Design Wall Monday - Scotty Dog flimsy

 My reward for finishing some things last week was to work on something new.  That something was actually a baby quilt I had kitted up a couple of years ago, but never started.  Well, I started sewing this one Friday, and finished it on Sunday afternoon.  There is a good reason this pattern is called a Quick Strippee. 

The Quick Strippee is a wonderfully simple pattern that is a freebie from Mary Quilts.  It is made with 3 fabrics, ones of which is usually a focus fabric.  It’s perfect for using the fun prints designed for kids’ quilts - like animals.  I really love this red/white/black Scotty print, with the plaid and polka dot dogs. 

The other thing I managed to get done on Sunday was cleaning off the rest of my cutting table.  I had this awful pile of scraps just adding up week after week.  Those scraps are now tamed, either by cutting them into useable size squares or folding them up and putting them back into the stash.  

With the surface cleared off I even got out my new cutting mat.  Now, I need to tackle that little scrap basket sitting on the right edge.  It was made by a friend and works great for catching those little scraps while cutting for a project.  It’s actually a small plastic waste basket covered with fabric scraps and mod podge.  It’s full, but at least it’s no longer overflowing. 

And I worked on getting my next UFO project back into an organized set of parts and pieces, so that I can sew on that one this week.  Time to get back to work on Checkered Stars. 

What's on your design wall today?

https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Scotty quilt top is adorable! I love Mary’s patterns. The Checkered Stars are looking great

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Thanks for your inspiration!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love those scotty dogs! A perfect design for featuring them!!! Those checkered stars are cute, too!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a cute scotty quilt! I love the stars too. ;-)

Vicki in MN said...

Oh that scottie strippy is simply adorable, a wonderful baby quilt. I have used her strippy pattern before so quick!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That quick strippie so SOOOO cute!!!