Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Chandelier/Beads Quilts of Valor

 Back at the end of April I finished this Quilt of Valor, using the Beads (or Chandelier) blocks.  My friend Evelyn - a veteran and a quilter - had sent me a photo for inspiration.  I loved it so much that it required an almost immediate purchase of fabric to make it.


For this one I used just 2 different prints, a red and a blue.  I had the blue print in my stash, and had no problem finding a red and a background (white with a little red) to go with it.  


The quilter did an excellent job with this one.  I love the swirls and twirls.  


The next one needs to be scrappy!  Yesterday I shared the instructions for this block with our guild and our QOV group for a new block drive.  I've made 8 blocks to start with but have a TON of patriotic fabrics just waiting to become QOV quilts for future presentations.  I think this one will look good in a mix of gold, red, and blue, and also mixing up the backgrounds with creams and whites.  Hopefully we'll end up with enough blocks for 2 new Quilts of Valor.     

4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

very nice...i love RWB quilts!

Vicki in MN said...

I have loved every one of these quilts I have ever seen. I really need to start one!

Kate said...

The QOV turned out beautifully! That block is my want to make list. If I can finish off a few quilts this year, it would be a fun block for RSC next year.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

This QOV is stunning! I know the scrappy one will be great, too.