Pages

Friday, June 10, 2022

More churn dash blocks

It was so nice to have a good share of Thursday morning to spend in my sewing room.  There are now 4 more churn dash blocks made - 2 for the guild baby quilt block drive, and 2 for my own set of blocks.  


The pink and grey bunny blocks are really pastel looking.  But that's OK, because I'm sure some of the other blocks collected by the guild will also be more pastel.  They anticipate collecting enough blocks for 2 or 3 baby quilts, and at least one might be more pastel.


I really like this set with the umbrellas.  I think I have enough of all of these fabrics to make at least one more block.  That would certainly be better than just putting scraps back into the already overflowing scrap bins, right?  

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like the bright turquoise blocks the best but the pastel blocks will look good too. I always think a few quiet blocks always set nicely against brighter blocks in a quilt. Happy stitching!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty blocks, the umbrella fabric worked up so nicely!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Churn dash blocks are such fun. I do love your turquoise blocks. Are those little umbrellas in the matching print? Sooooo cute!