Pages

Monday, September 28, 2026

Design Wall Monday - Sept. 28

I'm hoping this will be a week of small finishes, but we'll see how it goes.  No sewing will happen today.  It was a very early morning as I'm the designated driver for my daughter's first colonoscopy.  Welcome to middle age my dear!  Then I'll come home and go the pinochle group this evening that plays monthly.  

A couple of quilts have been in the hands of a long arm quilter, and I'm anticipating at least one of them being ready to pick up soon. Will it be this week?
 

The gingerbread girl is almost finished.  She still needs some embellishment to make her pretty.  I did find a bow for her head.  But her dress needs buttons or something. 


In the meantime, I'm playing with some new projects that have actually been marinating in drawers for a year or more.  The pattern is Swirling Star by Krista Moser.  I used a Christmas-y batik jelly roll, plus some yardage to cut the parts for 2 identical table toppers.  These will most likely become gifts.  


This cute little gnome project was a laser cut kit purchased a few years ago, probably on a bus trip shop hop.  It's supposed to be a mug rug but I may make it a little bigger.  I have begun blanket stitching the applique. 


And another doll quilt will at least be a flimsy this week - I hope.  I have a basket with parts for doll quilts, as well as a couple of flimsies ready to sandwich.  I want to finish a couple more this fall before donating all of the ones made so far.

I'm linking up today with:

https://songbirddesigns.blog 

No comments: