Yesterday I was finally home long enough to spend quality time - and quantity - in my sewing room. And I got a few things accomplished in there, plus catching up with laundry and baking some brownies for Saturday's quilt guild meeting. I plan to bake another pan of different bars today to add to those guild treats.
One thing I worked on had less than satisfactory results. I quilted and bound the first Christmas runner in the Swirling Star pattern. The outside edge is very wavy - positively ruffled. Somehow I managed to stretch it out of shape with the quilting. That means I'll need to really pay attention when I work on the second one of these. I'm hoping that maybe I can do some pressing and starching on this one to make it lay more flat.
The October blocks for the Marigold Mystery were posted early in the morning as Oct 1 also happened to be the first Thursday of the month. This month we're making 3 different small blocks - Shoo Fly, Uneven 9-Patch, and Square-in-a-Square. I have the Shoo Fly blocks all finished. We'll be making 5 of each.
The parts for all 5 Uneven 9-Patch are cut and waiting next to my sewing machine this morning. They will be the first thing I work on today.
And the parts for the Square-in-a-Square blocks are also ready to go. Keeping up with the Marigold Mystery so far has been pretty easy.
For more finishes, please visit: https://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/




10 comments:
I am sorry your swirling star ended up waving. I hope the starch trick works. I really like your pretty fabrics in it. Shoo Fly blocks are so very cute.
Good for you for even attempting that tricky star! Hope you can press it into submission. I really like the colors for your mystery blocks. When is it Shoofly and when is it Monkey Wrench? In any event, you got them sewn!
Love all your bright colored blocks. You are probably the only one who notices the waviness in your piece once it’s put to use. I bet if you showed your husband he would not notice; only another quilter would see it.
The hexagon topper is really pretty, Sara! Maybe you can wash and block it? Pretty colors in your Marigold Mystery blocks, too!
I love the colors you chose. It will be a cheery quilt.
Sorry to see your beautiful star giving you a hard time. I hope Diann's suggestion works for you. ;^)
Your Marigold Mystery looks like it's going to be a fun project. I like the colors you are incorporating. Even though your table topper is wavy, the design is still lovely.
Nice to immerse yourself in beautiful fabric!
It's always so nice when you can get back to your sewing room and really sew. Sorry about the holiday table topper, hopefully it's salvageable. Is there a way you could block it, wet it down and stretch it back into shape? I've seen quilters block quilts before submitting them for quilt shows. Your Marigold blocks are pretty fun. I till haven't finished Septembers!
The blocks for the mystery are so very pretty. And YAY for brownies... laundry? Meh haha!! Glad you had a good week!
Post a Comment