For me October will be a mix of playing with neutrals and hopefully figuring out how I want each of my RSC block sets to go together. I'm sure I'll also have to make more blocks for some of those sets. So I'll be following the suggestions Angela posted Oct. 1.
Starting with a dark neutral - black - I've pulled this set of RSC blocks for decision making. There are only 32 Scrappy Star blocks because I skipped the "pastel" month. Some of my blocks were already pastels. If I lay them out 5 x 6, then I'll have 2 orphan blocks left over. Because these finish at 9", this would be 45 by 54 which would be a nice size for a child, or a couch quilt. The 2 extra blocks could become pot holders.
The rows went together and next week I am confident this will be a quilt top.
So far I had only made 17 of the little paper pieced Crackers and Jam blocks (Bonnie Hunter) and this week I used 16 of them to make this cute block. It's 11.5" square, as is. These are so cute, but for now I really don't have a plan.
The little 4.5" Tulip Swirl blocks (also Bonnie Hunter) are coming together into 4-sies. The little basket of these is pretty full so there will be a lot more of these. Again, there is no clear plan for these yet.
Friday afternoon I did make 4 little black Tulip Swirl blocks and 3 of the Crackers and Jam blocks from the scrap bin. The black/grey scrap bin is overflowing.
Let's go check out more Rainbow fun . . .





8 comments:
I could see those little cracker blocks used as a border on another of your RSC tops, but I see you sewed these together already. The black star blocks are so awesome and really shine.
Love your star blocks with the black background. I need to use dark backgrounds more. It really makes things pop!
Your RSC blocks are prolific! I love the dark backgrounds on your star blocks!
Those scrappy stars are so pretty with the black backgrounds! I'll enjoy seeing how that quilt goes together. I don't work with black much, but both the tulip swirls and the cracker blocks work nicely in black. Makes me want to go see what I have to play with in black!
Yes, i agree with everyone else, those stars with the black background are fabulous!
Great variety of RSC blocks/quilts in progress! Your stars are really stunning with the black background!
I like the bright stars on the black backgrounds. Your other projects are pretty too. I've seen some Crackers & Jam blocks on other blogs too, and guess who is tempted! lol Let's see next year.
You have some wonderful RSC projects in the works. The stars on black is my favorite, though those cracker blocks are a close second. You will have some wonderful quilts when you finish them all up.
Post a Comment