Can I rant a moment on American restaurant portion sizes for a moment? Tuesday we went to Sioux Falls in the afternoon for middle school football to watch grandson Jonah. We decided to eat supper before leaving town since it was already 6:30 when the game ended. All the burgers at this sports bar/grill were 1/2 pound!! We should have just split one.
So I was thinking the flat bread would be smaller. Boy was I wrong!! I ordered a BBQ chicken flat bread. It was delicious - but you can see how enormous it was compared to the fork on the table. They need to list on the menu a warning that this is enough to feed 4 people!!! The leftovers came home with me, in a pizza box.
The October block for Garden of Stars is finished and sewn onto the first row. This block has 120 individual pieces in it. It was NOT difficult, but was definitely time consuming.
We've done 3 of the monthly blocks so far, and they are combined with 2 of the alternate blocks to make Row #1. Row #2 will have 3 alternate blocks and 2 monthly ones.


4 comments:
That is one beautiful block, I can see how it took a bit of time to stitch it!
Yes portion size in the US is crazy especially as we get older and can’t eat as much.☺️ Your blocks are beautiful! They do look difficult.
Your fabric choices in the Garden of Stars quilt are gorgeous. I am tempted!!
Sharon M
The pieced blocks are all beautiful! I was going to try and keep up with those, but so far I haven’t! Maybe next year. I agree with you on portion sizes at restaurants. They are way too big, and I can rarely finish my meal. I try to order off the senior menu if they have one, but that’s also often too much.
Post a Comment