Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

My "someday" file

I've blogged before about the wonderful displays of quilts at the 2009 Quilts & Vines show (and wine tasting). And since I've not had any time to sew a single stitch in the past week, I'm going to show you another favorite from that quilt show. This particular quilt caught my eye because it is a pattern I have in my "someday" file.



I especially loved this signature quilt - partly because of the color but also because the blocks were so cute. The quilter made these signature blocks for a bridal shower. The bow pattern was in a magazine about a year ago and she just made them smaller. I have the pattern tucked away in my "someday" file just waiting for the right occasion. And now I've been thinking about making the blocks for my daughter's upcoming bridal shower - only using her colors. Wouldn't these blocks be pretty in a dark red batik?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love that quilt, and no Sara, one corner in BINGO don't count. lol.......I never imagined it would take this long. guess I made it to hard.