Saturday, July 16, 2011

1 down, 11 to go!



Last night I made the first house block from the new pattern I bought. The pattern is Ryokan from Thimblecreek Quilts. It looked complicated, but really went together fairly quickly.


The miniature quilt part took the longest of course, since the pieces are so small. I decided on batiks for the house and sky. And solids for the quilts sections. Each quilt is different.


No progress yet today however. Our power was off for about 2 hours - on the hottest most humid day of the year so far!!! Anyway, it put me way behind on more important chores like laundry. Sewing again later this afternoon I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Cute block! Too bad about your power. We've had a few induced outages as hubby puts in stronger amps for the AC, but at least he's putting them in! It's hot here too, but we don't have quite the humidity you do.

    ReplyDelete