Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Special tools

What kind of tools do you use to turn narrow tubes, such as straps?  My "go to" tool is the hemostat. It lets me reach way down into the tube and grab a section, then pull.  It works really well. But I'm wondering . . . what else is out there that works just as well?

Sometimes I also use the hemostat to pull things like elastic through a casing.  If the casing is long however, I use the safety pin method: attach a large safety pin to the end of the elastic and pull/push it through by feeling for the pin through the casing fabric.


  1. I've never thought of a hemostat. I use an afghan hook and safety pin.

  2. Tube turners... they come in various sizes. Very useful for smaller tubes. They can be called Fasturn, Quickturn, there are various brands. Here's the one sold by Nancy's Notions: http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/fasturn+set.do