Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Blanket stitching


I thought that I bought some purple thread recently to use on this, but if I did it's lost in my cluttered sewing room. Or maybe somewhere else in my house. Who knows?  So I dug out some variegated thread that was leftover from a quilting project and used that for the blanket stitching around my Dresden Plates. Maybe it was a happy accident that I lost the other thread, because I really like the result.

The applique is all done on this and maybe over my lunch break today I can go to the LQS and look for some border fabrics . . . because my stash had nothing large enough to use.

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Oooh, I like the variegated thread. It was meant to be.

Moneik said...

I love the variegated thread! It's probably my favorite thread to use when quilting. Purple is likely the only color in my stash I could easily find a border/backing fabric in. I like it a lot.