Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Auditioning fabrics and stash busting


I've been auditioning some fabric combinations for more Sew Along bags. After digging through the fat quarter bin and the rest of my stash, I've come up with a few possibilities.  First is this pink and grey breast cancer themed fabric.


Then I found this fat quarter with a sewing theme. I'll have to do some measuring before I cut this to see if I will lose too much of the design.


Grey and tan and a touch of grey. I definitely like this combo.


Not sure about this one yet. I think I need to dig deeper and find some lime green or a royal blue to use with it. 

We'll see how many of these actually get done, but it gives me some projects for the coming week to pick from. And I've cut and pinned 4 new pillowcases to sew - when I get back from the golf course this afternoon.  A bit of stash busting potential here!



2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Love all the fabrics, but I agree that the bottom set needs a sapphire or lime to go with it.

My stash doesn't have any novelty fabrics, but these sets are tempting me to branch out a bit.

Vic in NH said...

Pretty groupings for your pouches. Sure hope you got some of this cool front that came to New England, whew!