Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

UFO #8 needs quilting

 
The #8 UFO on my challenge list is this Saturday Sampler from 2015 - so it isn't terribly old yet. I didn't do the gingerbread applique blocks from that series, but did make the floral applique blocks, and the large and small pieced ones.
 
I love the colors and the individual blocks, but do NOT love how I ended up putting this together. It's OK, but just didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.  However, the flimsy was done in September 2016 and I even found an aqua snowflake print for backing. Since then it has been hanging over a hanger in my sewing room closet.  It's time to move on.  I just need to piece that backing and get it quilted and bound.  So that is my tiny goal for the next week.

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

I remember the blocks, but I don't think I've seen the completed top before this. I like how you used the smaller blocks. Well done!