Pages

Monday, June 18, 2018

Jelly Roll Race II finished



I have this quilt bound with a week to spare before the guild quilt show.  This is a terrible picture that doesn't show the color very well.  But we've had some very grey overcast days and my usual outdoor spots were wet yesterday when I tried to get some good photos.

The lime green turned out to be a really good choice I think. It's a Grunge fabric, with subtle variations in the color, giving it a slightly "worn" look.  Grunge colors make great blenders.  Plus it makes the purple and blue really pop. The jelly roll was a Kaffe - with lots of purples and blues.  It's been sitting around way too long and I'm very happy that I finally used it.

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The lime green fabric was an excellent choice for this quilt. I also love the squares throughout the quilt. I think the quilt is very attractive.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I agree the lime green makes it pop! Oh so pretty!