Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Packing my bags



This stormy, rainy morning task is packing up my quilt show pieces so they are ready to go tomorrow. This is my big suitcase, and when it is full of quilts that will determine how many large quilts I'm taking. I have a small suitcase for wall hangings and table toppers, etc.  As the quilt show Featured Quilter this year I can bring whatever I want no matter when I made it. Otherwise we generally limited the show pieces to things made since the previous quilt show.

Since I'm on the quilt show committee, packing my own stuff is the least of my worries today.  I have to finish all of my other preparations: printing the rest of the programs and making sure I have gathered the raffle tickets, the meal tickets, extra quilt labels, sign in sheets, cash for the ticket takers, signs for doors, box of pins, tape, scissors, pens - and probably a bunch of things I've forgotten.

Setting up is always stressful, but once it's show time on Friday morning I'll take pictures and post some eye candy from the Heartland Quilters' Guild Quilt Show.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Congratulations! What an honor to be the Featured Quilter. I know it puts more stress on you but you will be marvelous. Just remember to relax and enjoy yourself.
Happy Stitching!
Connie :)

Tired Teacher said...

Bravo! I know you'll share photos of the displays - wish could see them in person. Have a great time.