Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Sidetracked by One Block Wonder



I knew that my focus on finishing UFOs would get derailed sooner or later by some exciting NEW project.  Goals were set for June, and here it is less than halfway through the month and I'm diving into something new and fun. 

One Block Wonder has been lighting up the Internet lately, plus I've seen a couple of beautiful examples in person.  I bought and downloaded the book onto my Kindle quite a while ago. And I finally just couldn't resist any longer.  I bought this gorgeous digital print on Saturday with something else in mind, but by Monday I had gone back for more so that I could use it for OBW.  I needed 6 repeats of the print. This is Euphoria by P & B Textiles and I love the colors in this.



My 6 layers are all pinned together with the design matched up carefully.  I've cut one strip so far, and then sub-cut into the 60 degree triangles I need for the hexagons.  The hexagons are put together into halves, but pinned together to keep the halves in a pair.

I have a stack of triangle groups laid out on my ironing board, ready to sew.  This will be an on-going project in between my goal projects.  Since the hexagon halves take about a minute to stitch, they will make good leaders and enders. 



2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

That vibrant fabric is perfect for this block design. Your block is the first I seen, so where have I been hiding?

Ramona said...

Oh I love this fabric for a OBW! I am really looking forward to seeing how this comes together. Have fun making those hexies!