Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Quilts from the past

Absolutely no sewing time this week has me feeling very antsy to sew. And then this morning a picture popped up in my Facebook memories of a quilt I made 6 years ago. 

This is a perfect example of designing on the fly. I made the blocks by putting a shadow type border around sections from a panel. The sashing ended up quite wide to make it bigger. And then I didn’t have enough big pieces left of one of the border fabrics so a pieced side border became a necessity. And finally I added solid strips at the top and bottom to make it long enough to actually be useful. 

Designed on the fly with no plan in place. Probably not the best way to go but it turned out ok. 

6 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I think it looks great! Improvising often brings out creativity and it worked well for this quilt.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful!

Warm Quilts said...

How creative! What a great use of extra fabric that blends nicely with your impromptu design.

woolyjooly said...

HEY, isn't this the quilt you gave us??

juliehallfeldhaus said...

I have that fabric now I know what to do with it!!

woolyjooly said...

. . . Your cousin~