Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Needing some ambition



Usually my tree goes up the weekend of Thanksgiving, and I begin to enjoy the Christmas decorations.  I don't get too carried away with decorating the house, but I do love the twinkly lights and seeing how cheery things look this time of year all around our community.  But I'm really struggling with getting anything done in my house this year. 

We got home from Las Vegas late Monday night, which is where I found the Christmas trees in the boot planters.  It was a mad scramble to get a little laundry done so my husband could leave again the next morning for 2 weeks on a job site.  He did help carry up the tree and the ornament boxes for me before leaving.



So . . . after stringing the lights, I got about half of the tree decorated before losing my mojo.  The rest of the ornaments are sitting in the box in the living room or laying on the top of the treadle machine next to the tree - waiting for me to finish the job. 

We are having Christmas at our house the weekend before the actual holiday and I'm definitely not ready.  I haven't done any shopping yet for the kids, haven't finished their big floor pillows or their new pillowcases, haven't bought any Christmas cards, haven't put any lights on the house, or done anything else yet that will make me ready for family in 3 weeks.  Yikes!

And we haven't painted the walls yet in the basement family room and bedroom after installing those new egress windows. But I'll need to clean and move the furniture back so we can use that bedroom, and no point in doing that before we paint.  Something tells me this isn't all going to happen in time. 

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

That’s a long to do list! We’re waiting until the kids get here right before Christmas to decorate our tree which gets me out of doing that job by myself. Today is a low energy day for me so I’m doing some reading and knitting and tomorrow I’ll push myself back in the sewing room to make some progress there.

Tired Teacher said...

Do what you can and let the rest go. . . I doubt anyone will notice if all the ornaments aren't on the tree this year.

Ramona said...

Some years the feeling just isn't there. Don't look at your entire list of what needs to be done. Pick one thing to do from the list and then see if you can do something else you can do once that's finished. No matter what you do, it will be lovely.