Pages

Monday, February 22, 2021

Design Wall Monday - not much to see

 My design wall is mostly empty today.  I spent part of Saturday morning cutting some block parts, and gathering some potential projects for a short retreat I’m hoping to attend next weekend. The only actual sewing that happened this weekend were 2 string blocks (9.5" square); mostly I stood at my cutting station working on block kits.  I think that standing (bent over my cutting board) aggravated the back issues that started on Friday after a totally different project.


This was what my office looked like on Friday morning - the view from my desk chair was totally depressing.  A shameful disorganized mess!!  

Maps, invoices and other documents for work needed to be filed.  A big pile of paperwork sat there on the floor and in the boxes that my husband wanted me to shred.  After spending the whole afternoon filing and shredding, and organizing - my back was killing me.  Lots of bending over the shredder, and lifting boxes back onto shelves.  But my office is clean again, except for a small stack of old photos and news clippings to go through.

No sewing happened on Sunday at all because it was all I could do to stand up straight.  I’m just hoping that my back gets back to normal by Friday this week so I can enjoy the retreat.   

I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday:

https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

UGH! Back issues are no fun. I find the more I move (if I can) the easier it is to do it. Hopefully hot showers and motion will get you moving again. You don't want to miss your retreat! Feel better soon!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Sorry that your back is aching. I purchased a bone-shaped massage pillow last Spring for my back issues, and it has helped work the tenseness out of my lower back muscles. I can also use the pillow for my neck. I hope your back is better in time for the retreat.

Moneik said...

Sometimes we just have to stop and re-organize. I did my bedroom and closet this weekend and it looks so much better. I can actually move again. Now I need to do my sewing side.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you feel better and can enjoy your retreat. I sometimes use a small rice bag heated in the microwave at night in the small of my back and that helps:)

Rebecca Grace said...

Your string blocks are so cheerful, Sara! Hopefully your back feels better so you can enjoy your retreat!

Kate said...

Sorry for the back issues, that is miserable. Hopefully you are back in your normal groove and all ready for the retreat.