Pages

Friday, February 19, 2021

Wisdom block collection

 The collection of Wisdom blocks is gradually growing to a number that I can use for a quilt.  These finish at 9" and seem to look good set on point or laid out in straight rows.  I'm not sure yet which layout I'll use.


I did lay the 26 current blocks out on the floor to see what I have.  The backgrounds are varied, from plain white to minimal neutral prints.  


A photo often reveals something we haven't noticed before.  There is a 4-patch in the center of each of these blocks and when I tossed them onto the floor I didn't worry about which direction they went.  Hmmmm - I think I need to make sure they are more random when I actually sew rows together.  My natural inclination would be to lay them all the same direction but it looks better random. 


6 comments:

Anne said...

How about alternating directions by row to get both variety and a recurring pattern?

Sharon Kwilter said...

I love that scrappy block. What a great way to use up scraps.

Moneik said...

I love this block. I think I would switch the 4 patch every other one instead of random. It might not look random when it's put together, but every other one would be pleasing to the eyes. I love when I get enough blocks made that I can lay it out and see what else I need to make.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

So pretty! That is a great block pattern and you have a nice variety of fabrics and colors.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I see what you mean about the nine patches, I am cdo so I would be forced to face them all the same way! :)

Kate said...

I didn't see the 9 patches till I read your text. It will be fun quilt random or not. I have a hard time with random, I'd have to do some type of ordering.