Well, it's closer to a finish at least . . .
Windy Days is a flimsy. The original plan was to use 2 blocks (21 x 25) in a vertical wall hanging. In my head I could even picture it where I wanted to hang it. But that plan just didn't look how I thought it would, so Plan B came about. It's now a horizontal wall hanging, and I have sandwiched it with batting and backing to quilt myself, maybe over the weekend.
I've been looking at ideas for using the leftover Tilda fabric. I had a Fat Eighth bundle but only used a small amount of it for the wall hanging. For now it's going back into the project box I guess, and will wait for inspiration to strike.
The other main goal this week was to finish the stitching on my DIY Round Robin project for guild. The final round was to repeat some element from a previous month. I repeated the hexies that I began with the first month. Our reveal is tomorrow at our August guild meeting. I can share my whole project next week, and also hope to get pictures of some of the other participants' projects.
For more finishes, please visit: https://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/
10 comments:
I like your windy days blocks very much! I sure can see the wind! I hope your reveal is fun and you are inspired. I look forward to seeing your reveal next week!
The windy girls is so sweet! Have fun at guild meeting!
Lots of fun stuff going on there. The breezy dresses are adorable.
Ohh So cool!!! I like it Vertical
The Windy Days are not your usual style -- but I like 'em!
Windy Days is adorable, Sara! It will make a fun finish, and I bet that won't take too long either. I have a charm pack of Tilda that I used a small amount of, and I'm wondering what to do with the rest of it, too. Let me know if you find some inspiration!
Windy Days turned out really cute. You've had a busy week. So sorry your daughters had weather related issues. We had a bad wind storm the early in July, still trying to find a roofer to fix our roof, they are all so busy no one will commit. We also had air conditioner problems, not fun with triple digit heat. Thankfully they got to us fast and it was an easy fix. Hope both daughters have been able to work through their issues.
windy days is adorable! and such a colorful little doll quilt too..i think bugs approves!
Windy Days turned out so well! What a wonderful decoration that will be!
Windy Days is darling! The girl and gig are adorable!. Funny how sometimes a project doesn’t want to cooperate with our vision, grrr.
Post a Comment