Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New quilt hanger

Look at the beautiful quilt hanger that my friend Sylvia MADE for me for Christmas!  She's a quilter, a knitter, an educator - and now she's a woodworker.

We saw these at a quilt show this fall and she went home with the idea percolating.  I have no idea when she found the time, but she made some for Christmas gifts.  And I was lucky enough to get one of those gifts!

After plenty of deliberation about where to put it, I hung it up in my guest bedroom this weekend and finally decided which quilt to put into it last night.  It's now holding a lap quilt in blue/yellow/lime green/black.  Anyone walking by the room in the hallway can see it there.

Thank you Sylvia.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, I've never seen a quilt hanger like that...that is great....how talented your friend is