Friday, June 2, 2017

Exchange blocks

Here is a glimpse of my June UFO Challenge project - just the exchanged blocks. In the center of this will be a Dresden Plate, pieced from 2 different strip sets.  A few of us got together last summer and laid out the blocks in this pattern and chose the fabrics for the strip sets. Luckily I took a photo with my phone to remember what order we decided on. And luckily I had all of the parts and fabrics all in one project box so I didn't lose anything.


The strip sets for the Dresden are already sewn. I did that last summer but I've been afraid to cut those plate sections because I am worried about cutting them the wrong size.  This was going to be a group project but this next step was supposed to be my task and I've been procrastinating.  Surprise, surprise!  So, I have set a goal of finishing this top by Father's Day weekend.









2 comments:

  1. This will be fabulous with a Dresden medallion, and I have no doubt that you will have a finished top by the 18th. I have a Dresden ruler, but I've never made any blades to try it out. I don't think I've ever seen blades made from strip sets, so I'm eager to see how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be beautiful! Good luck on getting it finished by then. I think that might be the deadline I need to finish the top of my mom's fall quilt.

    ReplyDelete