Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Farm Girl Vintage is finished


 

Farm Girl Vintage.  This is definitely one of my favorite quilts so far. It's so whimsical and colorful!  Farm Girl Vintage was a project that spanned over 18 months with 2 support groups: my Sew Vintage face-to-face group and an online Facebook group. We were "assigned" 1 or 2 blocks per month and it kept me moving along on this because it was fun to see what others were doing too. Plus I finally cut deeply into the 1930s reproduction fabrics that I have been hoarding for years.
 
The top photo really shows off the quilting design (thanks Bonnie at The Pin Cushion) and has a pretty true color.  She used a white thread and the design is called Boulevard. I love it. The bottom photo shows off the blocks a bit better but I made my husband move into the shade so the color is off a bit. The quilt is twin sized but may end up hanging somewhere for awhile.
 
 
This quilt is even labeled - with another Farm Girl Vintage block. This barn block is the same as the one in the bottom left of the quilt, except I replaced the pieced barn door with a plain white square so I could write in it.  Now I have to decide what to do with the 50 remaining blocks - the 12" versions of these 6" blocks.  Two quilts at least could be made with those.



8 comments:

Connie said...

Congratulations! It is finished and it is beautiful :) You should be very proud . . . I love how you made your label, too. You're so talented.
Have a happy week.
Connie :)

Ariane said...

Congratulations!! Your quilt is gorgeous!!

Ramona said...

It's beautiful! Congrats!! on your great finish. It is a fun quilt. Can't wait to see your BIG blocks finished.

Judy Hansen said...

Congratulations on a great finish!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is so adorable!! Congrats on the finish!!!

Tired Teacher said...

I love this quilt!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sara,
Well this is a nice finish. It turned out really great, don't you think? I love the label - so fitting. ~smile~ Roseanne

Blogger said...

Ever wanted to get free Facebook Followers and Likes?
Did you know you can get them AUTOMATICALLY AND ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by getting an account on Like 4 Like?