Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

New Age - cat approved

 
My 2016 Saturday Sampler is done, on the bed, and evidently cat approved.  I finished the binding while watching the Vikings beat the Packers on Sunday.
 
Usually Sammy hangs out under my desk when I'm working in the mornings, but Monday he didn't show up.  He seems a bit stressed because the family room furniture is all pushed into other rooms in preparation for carpet installation today. So our bedroom is one of the only safe places he can find right now and he has been spending a lot of time curled up in the middle of our bed. I'll just shut the door to the bedroom when the installers arrive so he feels secure. He is an old (16), 20 pound "fraidy cat".  
 
A New Age, made of over dyed muslin was a challenging project. The blocks went together easily each month but I had a couple of problems getting that pieced border correct. My mistakes were simple to correct however and then I added that last butterfly print border to make it long enough for a nice drop on each side. So it's a huge quilt.
 
 
 

6 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The pieced border adds a lot of visual impact to the quilt. Sammy knows a good thing when he sees it!

I hope the carpet installation goes well.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sara,
What a beautiful quilt, and Sammy looks quite comfortable and fashionable on it. Binding during football is a great use of time, and I was crying after the football game. Lost our QB for the season. :( Good luck with your new carpeting. ~smile~ Roseanne

Lisa said...

What a great idea that border was, it looks spectacular!

Joyful said...

It's a beautiful quilt. I hope your installation goes well.

Donna J said...

Oh my gosh I'm not the only one that has/had a 20 lb. cat.
Mine is gone now, but he was 21, and had an awesome life.
Your quilt looks great, really perfect size for the bed.

PaintedThread said...

Looks great. Love that border.