Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Starting a new Saturday Sampler

 
The new Saturday Sampler program began yesterday.  It's called Summer Watermelon Sampler.  Nothing about this one makes me think of watermelons or summer however. Even though I've been quilting for more than 30 years, I feel that programs like Saturday Sampler are a wonderful learning opportunity, plus the bonus of a social activity.  New techniques, and reinforcing techniques I already knew - all part of the learning.  And the show 'n tell every month is just plain inspiring!
 
Can you tell that I love going to Saturday Sampler?  Here are my finished blocks for this month. Both blocks are made with the same pieces, but the corner sections are turned in block #2 and the fabrics are in different locations.  Plus I did a little switching in block #2 to increase the contrast. 
 
 
These came entirely from my stash.  The plan for now is to use scrappy black and whites, with bright batiks, all of which I should be able to pull from the stash and/or the scrap bins.  I may even make another set using other scraps because these were really simple blocks to make and God knows there are plenty of scraps to use up.

Check out Design Wall Monday at:
http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Nice! I love your fabric selection plan: batiks, blacks, and neutrals are heavenly together.

Judy Hansen said...

Hi Sara,
Thanks for linking to Design Wall Monday. Would you mind amending your post to include a reference to Design Wall Monday at http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com That way when people see your link and go to your blog to read about it, they can easily link back to Design Wall Monday to go to the next blog. Thanks!
Judy