Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Ride With the Wind

 
It needs a label yet, but otherwise the wall hanging is done.  I think it will be called "Ride With the Wind".  The bright multi-colored thread does show up nicely, but doesn't over power the piece.  My quilting lines are sufficiently random with soft waves all across, hopefully suggesting the prairie wind.  The green and red section is actually a Row By Row from this summer's road trip through Iowa with my husband. The shop in Adel, Iowa had designed this row and I immediately had a plan to make a wall hanging with it. The mottled black looks like of like asphalt.  Considering it was a "design as you sew" kind of project, I like how it turned out.  
 


4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I can see why you're so pleased with this piece: it looks fantastic. Good job on the random quilting, too.

Jean said...

I like it. It reminds me of Ragbrai. Your quilting is good, and you are learning more of how to do it. Keep on keeping on.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Indeed you should be happy with this finish...it is perfect and I love how you explain the choices and it all ties together.

PaintedThread said...

I really like the combination of the pinwheels with the bike.