Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2018

More "Cracker" blocks

 
OK - these are officially one of my new favorite blocks to make!! So easy and so fast.
 
Yesterday there was a comment about these being a wonderful signature block. Absolutely perfect for signatures!  My husband's family has a big reunion coming up this summer, and I had this crazy idea to have a stack of these to sign at the reunion.  I did a little figuring and came up with needing 180 blocks to make a queen size quilt but we only had about 150 at the last reunion.  So maybe we could make a smaller quilt. We'll see if this actually happens.
 
I may need to talk to my sister-in-law (also a quilter) and see if she is interested in making some too.

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

At our last family reunion, everyone signed a stack of prepared fabric and each family was given a set of the blocks to make a quilt if they desired. I love my reunion quilt.

LA Paylor said...

these look like album blocks of the past. I swear I saw some quilts like this in the smithconian antique collection.

Have fun making them!