Pages

Sunday, January 7, 2018

UFO #2 is finished




This 38" square wall hanging is a Kim Diehl design called Farmhouse Stars. And it's finally DONE!!  The original pattern had a dark border around the outside but I decided I wanted it without that border and I do like the change.  I used a piece of ugly cheddar solid from my stash on the back and pulled an older Kim Diehl fabric from the stash for the binding.  And best of all, I quilted it all by myself.  The quilting is very simple - diagonal lines through the brown squares and outline stitching around the stars. I can handle simple straight line quilting. 
 

6 comments:

Ramona said...

Beautiful, Sara. Congrats! on finishing another UFO.

Tired Teacher said...

Well done! It must feel good to have done the whole thing yourself - well done.

LA Paylor said...

Sara! How gorgeous! It sparkles!

Lori said...

Very pretty Sara! Congratulations on your finish.

Jacquie S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

This lovely! How wide are the strips in the stars? They look like many 1 1/2"