Pages

Friday, January 19, 2018

UFO finish

 
Isn't it a moment of enjoyment when you put that last stitch into the binding of a quilt? Then I can spread it out on the floor and admire it.  Does a finish give me permission to start something new?
 
I fell in love with the peach and blue floral fabric the first time I saw it in my local quilt shop, and knew that it would be perfect to build my Saturday Sampler mystery quilt around it.  It was fun to take my little piece of floral and search shops for blending fabrics.  This pattern is Kwik 8 Point Star, and then I added the extra borders.

 
The navy blue on the back really shows off the elegant quilting.  It's going on my sofa as a splash of color for the rest of the winter. 
 
And I can check off the 3rd UFO for January. Granted, the first 2 items were pretty small (a bag and a wall hanging), but they were UFOs and they are done.  So now I'm looking at other UFOs on the list. The Friendship Exchange quilt for number 11 has now been quilted and the binding is ready to go, so my plan is to work on that next. I have no idea what month #11 will be drawn but it won't matter that I finish things early since the whole idea is just to finish things. And I'll keep plugging away on the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt blocks too.
 
 

3 comments:

Connie said...

You asked the question: Does a finish give me permission to start something new? If you are like me, you already planning the next quilt in your head before the last stitch is put into the one you're working on, LOL You did a beautiful job, the back is almost as pretty as the front:)
There is still a few hours to get into my 6th year anniversary Give-A-Way . . . come on over and join the fun!
Connie:)

Ramona said...

If you ever get tired of this beauty, you could pass it on to me! :) I just love it. You are on a roll for sure! I’m looking forward to seeing your next finish!

Tired Teacher said...

Gorgeous finish! You're on a roll and ticking your UFOs off the list at a steady pace. Well done.