Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Coming to a screaming halt


Just when I had some time and some motivation to sew, it all came to a screaming halt over the weekend.  As I mentioned in a previous post, my "good" machine has a problem with threading.  Yesterday, I worked on it again to see if I could clean out some lint or something that would solve the problem.  No success however.

So I pulled out my OLD Singer, which is my backup machine. It was ready to go, so I started to work on adding sashing to Squared Away.  Each block now has one sashing strip attached and most of the remaining sashing pieces have a colored cornerstone attached.  One step closer to finished.

Next up I was stitching along, sewing the binding onto Hourglass.  And partway around side #2, I ran out of bobbin thread.  No problem, I'll just fill a couple of new bobbins.  Guess again!!  The bobbin winder on this OLD machine won't engage and spin.  GRRRR!  Somewhere in one of my drawers is a small bobbin winder that I bought years ago - probably because I was having trouble winding bobbins on this machine. The irony is that I just unplugged it and put it away last week because it was in the way on my cutting board and not being used.  Now, where did I put it?

3 comments:

Ramona said...

It’s never fun when the equipment malfunctions! I need to get my machine in for service. Maybe I should do it sooner rather then later! Hope you found your bobbin winder!

Tired Teacher said...

When it rains, it pours . . . Is it possible to wind bobbins on your "good" machine?

Sara said...

The machines are different brands and the bobbins are different unfortunately. My good machine is a newer Pfaff and the other is an old Singer.