Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year!!!  I'm beginning the new year very frustrated!  Nothing serious in terms of life events, but frustrating non-the-less.  It's a sewing machine problem - just when I'm feeling really motivated and had the time off work to sew.

Yesterday I was switching from brown thread to green to finish blanket stitching on the palm tree leaves - and now the thread won't "catch" in the slot needed for tension.  GRRRR!  I'm only partially done with this mug rug, and my backup (old) sewing machine doesn't have a blanket stitch at all.  This is a project for an exchange coming up in just 18 days.

Since I couldn't sew any more yesterday on this project I did some serious cutting for 2 other projects.  Once my Christmas decor is put away today I'll pull out my old machine and hopefully will still have some ambition to work on those.  And tomorrow I'll be making a call to a repair place in Sioux Falls to see if I can get my machine in for a quick fix.

So I'm reminding myself that at least I do have a backup machine to use for plain stitching, and it's not the end of the world as we know it.

I'm linking up with Linky Tuesday at Freemotion on the River: https://conniekresin.com/2019/01/happy-new-year-linky-tuesday.html

2 comments:

LA Paylor said...

is lint in the tension disc? try q tip with bit of machine oil on it. Is the foot up, lever up? If you load thread before lever is up, it doesn't seat well. Have you done all that? Try different thread. Turn the spool over on the spindle. Reload the bobbin. Frustrating for sure!

Tired Teacher said...

I hope you can find a solution to the problem. ❤️ the palm tree!