Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Sewing spaces

Do you have a large sewing surface? I use a big old desk. It’s actually quite roomy except when attaching binding to very big quilts. 

My ironing board usually sits at a 90 degree angle so I can just rotate my chair to press something. But I pull it up into the space next to the desk to use like an extension table when I need to. This keeps the weight of the quilt from pulling it while I attach the binding. Today I forgot to lower it but that helps too. 

Not fancy but it works. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

My sewing area is small, so I use a small folding table when more space is needed. I've also been known to move my machine to the kitchen table when I need space.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I don’t sew but I sure appreciate you gals that do!