Pages

Monday, January 20, 2020

Design Wall Monday - French General


It’s always good to check off a finish.  This is a Disappearing 4-patch wall hanging made with a charm pack of French General fabrics.  And the really exciting thing - to me anyway - is that I quilted it myself. Yay!!  The batting and backing were all from the stash but I did end up buying a little more of that border print to bind it.  The colors look a bit washed out in this photo, but they are nice soft reds, creams, and blues very typical of French General. 

Check out more Design Walls at: https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


8 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Love the simplicity of this quilt and the light quilting.

Ramona said...

Beautiful finish! And congrats! on quilting it yourself.

Tired Teacher said...

It's lovely! The French General fabric colors are hard to beat for elegance.

Astrid said...

Congrats on the finish, and quilting! Beautiful quilt.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love all these colors! We have nice weather coming I think maybe you are sending it this way!

QuiltGram said...

I am so delighted that I have just found your blog. And I too am struck by the simple beauty of this wall hanging. I had been on the fence for a long time now if I wanted to make a Disappearing Nine Patch quilt or not. But, seeing how you made this one I probable will end up making one for our newly renovated bedroom. Thanks for the post.

Moneik said...

Beautiful quilting! I'm so proud of you for doing it yourself. It looks amazing.

Judy Hansen said...

Yeah! A finished quilt, and this pattern is great for showing off French General fabric. I love their fabrics. Nice job on the quilting too. Thanks for showing us your quilt on Design Wall Mondays, Judy