Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2020

More green blocks


It's hard to mess up a string block, so this seemed to be a safe project for distracted sewing.  

I have some other ideas for some Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks too.  They have to be something I can do quickly in short bursts of time.  That way I can make them in between other more important projects.  They make a good change up when I'm bored with sewing on the same old thing.  


One of the Diamond Tile blocks is repaired and trimmed to the correct size - 7.5".  And I experimented with a Gingham block that I saw online.  Gingham is using 2.5" squares from the huge pile of 2.5" squares I've cut from scraps over the years.  And it ends up 10.5" so these blocks won't require a huge number to make a quilt.  


I added the repaired block in with the 5 I had made previously.  Ironically 3 of those used green.  These should make a fun kid quilt.  I will try to keep these nice and bright, which will be fairly easy considering what my scrap bins look like.  Bright colors tend to be my preferred color palette. 


4 comments:

Julierose said...

I like your RSC Green blocks--I made a couple string ones, too...fun in between...hugs, Julierose

Ramona said...

OH, these are fun blocks! I really like the gingham block!

Cheryll said...

String blocks are always a winner...
And the gingham blocks look FuN to make too... xox

Tired Teacher said...

Great block ideas. I think the gingham blocks would be fun in a quilt.