Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2020

More work for the long arm quilter

I've dropped off 2 more small projects (that have been hanging in my sewing room closet) for quilting.  One is really small and the other is a child size quilt.  The child sized quilt will go to one of my niece's who just had a baby girl.  


The unicorn fabric is the outer border of the quilt and the pink/purple floral is the backing.  That backing fabric has been hanging around in my stash for a few years.  And now it finally will have a use.  The blocks were leftovers from Bonnie Hunter's En Provence mystery quilt from several years ago.  The pink sections were tri-recs units, and the purple are HST and 4-patch sections.  Together they make a couple of lovely block designs.  The light pink unicorn border was ordered a couple of years ago as one option for my granddaughter's quilt, but I ended up using a different unicorn print.  Shopping my stash is allowing me to finish this and give it away as a gift. 


I used most of the rest of the pink and purple blocks in my granddaughter's quilt (below) in March 2018.  I loved the pink and purple pieces, but didn't like the yellows and greens I chose to go with it for En Provence.  So I separated all of those units to use elsewhere.  And now quilt #2 is going to happen.  I still have the pretty yellow and green blocks made with the other leftovers to use in something, some day.  


7 comments:

Ramona said...

The long arm quilters are being kept very busy, for sure! Great that you are able to make new quilts out of older pieces! They are adorable.

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty...i had a bunch of those units that i turned into a dozen blocks and donated at my guild...they were lovely colors...

The Joyful Quilter said...

Both quilts are SEW pretty!!

chrisknits said...

You are getting things done! Go you!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are moving right along with your projects!

Vicki in MN said...

I think it is so satisfying to use up leftover parts and make them into something different than they were intended for in the first place!

Susie H said...

Unicorns are the perfect heme for granddaughters and using up those extra pink & purple stars make it super special. Great job!!!