Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2020

This n That

I learn something new every day - I hope.  Yesterday on Facebook I saw a post about acronyms for quilting. Most were things I know and use frequently: WIP, UFO, WOF, HST, etc.  But there were a couple that I plan to adopt.


WISP - Work in SLOW Progress.  I'm binding a WISP right now.  Raspberry Cocoa is a Kim Diehl Simple Whatnots project from about 3 years ago that I've been hand quilting.  This is one of those projects that had been residing in a travel bag so I could quilt while sitting in the car or in a hotel room.  Then last winter I pulled it out to work on, and then it lay on a pile of UFO projects until this weekend.  The quilting is done now except for a narrow outer border, but I'm binding it and then will fit the final quilting into the border.  In my case, choosing to hand quilt a project almost guarantees that it will become a WISP.  


WHIMM - Works Hidden in My Mind.  This is the bulletin board in my sewing room.  It hangs between a little basement window (up high) and my ironing board.  It is my idea collection spot.  Notice the framed pinwheel blocks I've been working on - hanging there in a baggie.  And some tiny 9-patch blocks framed with the same type of triangles with hand written instructions.  Several patterns, my calendar, and hiding in there are my Tri-Recs rulers and Companion Angle rulers so they don't get lost.  And really hidden is my little flag that says FOCUS - which reminds me that I should focus more often.  

And I really need to make a sign for my sewing room with this acronym that I've seen before, but need to keep in mind.  SABLE - Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expentancy.  Every time I see that acronym I think about all the treasures living in my sewing room, just waiting for the right project.  And some of that stash is a WWIT - What Was I Thinking!  


4 comments:

Ramona said...

I love these acronyms! And I could use all of them!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Some of the acronyms are new to me, especially like WHIM

Linda in Calif. said...

Sara, I love your quilt, the colors and the quilting. It's beautiful. It is so nice to have a slow project. And now I know what a WISP is. This was a fun post, learning all these new acronyms. (I really like WWIT - hahaha!) AND your board is so fascinating! I love see it.

chrisknits said...

WWIT is alive and well in my sewing room! But I am determined to use them up in creative ways, or just stick them as a lining in a bag!