Pages

Monday, March 18, 2024

Design Wall Monday - March 17

The good news is . . . the binding is attached to another UFO quilt, and the hand stitching has begun.  The bad news is . . . I'm so easily distracted.  


I purchased a kit this past week for a small drawstring bag. I couldn't resist because it's so cute.  And as it turns out it was a very quick project.  I spent a little over an hour on this Sunday afternoon.  It is 100% finished and I think it will be a gift - filled with some goodies.


The kit included everything needed - the Tilda fabrics for outside, lining, and pocket, the pink drawstrings, and the little white ribbon tab.  Even the interfacing was included.  The instructions were very easy to follow.  


Here is the other distraction.  Kitty blocks!  On Saturday morning I saw the cat blocks on Treadlestitches blog in her RSC post.  Her kitties were so cute.  

I remembered that Missouri Star had a video tutorial of a similar block so I watched the tutorial and jotted down the cutting instructions.  Next thing I knew there were 8 of the blocks laying on my ironing board.  Honestly, these 9" finished blocks take only about 5 minutes to sew.  Jenny Doan at Missouri Star used a layer cake to make hers, but mine are scraps.
  

My favorite is the kitty with the colorful guitars, although the puzzle piece one is cute too.  I'm thinking more kitties will be born this week. LOL  Obviously, I've been inspired by Treadlestitches to add these blocks to my RSC collection, and eventually they make a good donation quilt.  I can imagine some little kiddo being thrilled to have a kitty quilt.

So, what's on my design wall for this week?  I really need to work on the applique stitching for the Easter door hanger project.  It has been too easy to play with other things, and not get back to that project the past couple of weeks.  It can't hang on the door if it isn't finished.

Time to focus again.

Check out more Monday design wall news . . .
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/ 

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute kitty blocks -I get distracted easily sometimes - so many things to do

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a very cute drawstring bag, Sara! Does the pattern have a name? It sounds like a fun project! Love your kitty blocks, too. I've also been admiring those on Treadlestitches!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The kittys are great I like the puzzle pieces!

Kate said...

Sometimes you have to give into the distractions to be able to better focus on the priorities. Love the kitty blocks, I made a similar quilt several years ago. They are fun and easy to make. The bag looks complicated hard to believe that only took an hour.

Judy Hansen said...

I agree with Kate, sometimes you have to give in to the distractions to be able to focus on the priorities. Anyway, I’m using that excuse the next time I get distracted. lol. I like your little kitties blocks. Also the drawstring bag was worth the distraction. Hugs, Judy