Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Getting back to a routine

 It's time to get back to more QUILT-Y topics here.


I took some binding with me to work on in the hotel room, but the only thing that is finished is this little mug rug.  It's 8" square, and made from an orphan block that has been hanging on my bulletin board for over a year.  It was a Pat Sloan pattern that I used for a baby quilt. The baby quilt was made with 30s reproduction prints. This test block used batiks. It's a pattern I know I'll use again because I love how chubby the bird looks.

The other binding is on a big quilt, and I'm halfway around with hand stitching it down.

The championship games were 3:30 and 8:30 on Tuesday so there was a lot of time to do other things before heading to the arena.  Some of our extended family group gathered at a local restaurant for lunch, and guess what was mere steps away?  A brand new quilt shop!!


I just had to stop in to see this new shop, and was not disappointed.  A couple of unique patriotic prints came home with me - with no firm plan yet for them.  But I liked the colors.  And the green plaid is a binding possibility for a current project.  Up in the right corner you can see a black/white/grey layer cake I couldn't resist.  Other than food, these were my only "vacation" purchases. 


The shop name is Jacqueline & Joyce in Sioux Falls.  When I said it was my first visit, they gave me a cute little measuring tape as a welcome gift.  The shop itself is beautiful inside, and the fabrics mostly had a modern vibe.  Isn't it interesting to see what unique styles each quilt shop has?  It's only a couple of blocks from the interstate (I-29 north/south) so if you are passing through the area I recommend visiting.  There are 2 other really nice quilt shops close by as well in Sioux Falls.  And several more located in the small towns along I-29 in both directions.

3 comments:

Kate said...

The mug rug is really cute. Your fabric acquisitions are really fun. It's always fun to visit a new shop.

Nann said...

Champion team, a new shop with great fabric, and the mug rug = winning combination!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice that you found a new quilt shop! Fun fabrics