Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2024

RBD24 - block #13 and This 'n That

Yesterday I was wide awake and out of bed at 5:30.  That gave me a lot of quiet sewing time in the morning, before I left for a 10:30 coffee/lunch date with a group of retired staff from the school I taught at.  Guess I should get up that early every day.


Garden Patch by Minky Kim is block #13 out of 16 in the 2024 RBD (Riley Blake) challenge.  This was sure quick and easy to make.  And if the corner HSTs are turned the other direction this block has a whole different look to it.  


The Big Grey Tote clean-out project continues.  This Christmas banner (or wall hanging) was near the bottom of the tote.  I remember making it and using it, so it's really a mystery to me how it ended up in this tote underneath so much other random stuff.  This has gone into the rummage sale box, for the next rummage sale one of my daughters has.  


A complete quilt top was also in that tote.  This is made of batiks, and is 34 x 44, so maybe a good lap quilt.  It just needs quilting.  


Decluttering continues too.  Tucked away under a guest room bed has been an old art portfolio that I thought contained my artwork from years ago.  Turns out it wasn't any of my old drawings. Instead it was a painting and lots of pencil sketches from an art class my mother-in-aw took with one of her sisters when they were retired.  Somehow it ended up at our house after she passed away 12 years ago. It's time to give this away to someone else in the family. 

Some days I feel like the decluttering will never end.   

3 comments:

Kate said...

Getting up early does have it's advantages. You've been doing well at your decluttering efforts. It does seem like decluttering takes endless effort. At least you've made a good start.

Vicki in MN said...

I think it was Monday morning I woke at 4:30 and couldn't get back to sleep, got up at 5:30 and I got a lot done too! You are definitely onto something that decluttering never ends! I keep saying I will do it when I retire and have more time, hehe.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are making progress!