Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Jack-O-Lantern


On Saturday, I finished my little jack-o-lantern hanging quilt. This 12 inch block and the metal stand it hangs in were part of a kit I ordered this summer from Fons and Porter. The only real changes I made - changed the green fabric out and eliminated the 2 spiders. The simple block went together in less than a half hour. Then the machine appliqued jack-o-lantern and letters were added.

I took the finished block with me this past week while on a "road trip" for work and did the hand quilting in my motel room at night on Monday and Tuesday evenings. Saturday afternoon I put on the binding. Another project done!! I love the way it looks on my hearth next to my painted pail of fall foliage.

1 comment:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very cute! I love your little bucket too. :-)