Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January revisited & February goals

All of the schools around are closed today, but unless you leave the house you would never understand why. The sun is shining on all of the fresh white snow. But the wind is blowing enough to keep drifting out in the countryside. And it's COLD - a high of about 2 degrees is expected.  A low of about 40 below zero wind chill is expected tonight, so lots of late starts in the schools can be expected.  I've lived in Minnesota, Iowa, or South Dakota most of my life, but just can't get used to that kind of cold.

 
I've spent the morning doing a little correspondence and organization of materials for work and cleaning up my home office a bit.  This afternoon I plan to sew a little.

 
My January accomplishments look small:
  1. Saturday Sampler top - finished & ready to quilt
  2. small felted wool candle mat - finished
  3. binding on my red/yellow Day & Night quilt - finished
  4. Halloween flying geese table runner - finished, quilted & bound
  5. binding on Christmas friendship block exchange - handwork in progress
  6. handquilting on wedding signature quilt - in progress
  7. Scnibbles X-rated small quilt/table topper - top finished & ready to quilt
  8. round spring table topper - ready to machine quilt & I'm going to try it myself

 
February GOALS are not very ambitious:
  1. next UFO is French Braid quilt - ready for sashing strips & borders - maybe today?
  2. binding our new friendship block exchange donation quilt when it is ready
  3. binding my Frolic quilt with the fuzzy backing (possible wedding gift for a niece)
  4. binding my pink/black Hearts & Stars crib quilt
  5. start a baby quilt for my grandson (he's due in June)
  6. machine quilt the round spring table topper
  7. finish handquilting the wedding signature quilt (a slow process)

No comments: